- What's Rust, what's Servo?
- Life cycle of a Servo change
- The Code
- How you can help
- Safe, concurrent, fast
- Systems programming, fewer footguns
- Hack Without Fear
- 27 @mozilla.com contributors
- 1528 non-mozilla.com contributors
- 2% of contributors, 15% of commits are @mozilla.com
"The Rust community seems to be populated entirely by human beings. I have no
idea how this was done."
"The Rust community gives me a particularly bad feeling. They're rather
tyrannical about enforcing their code of conduct. They even have a moderation
attack squad to go after anyone they deem to be an enemy!"
- Weekly updates (This Week In Rust, etc)
- Mandatory RFCs for major changes
- Consistent PR review process
- Distributed team & public discussions
- ~12 full-time engineers
- ~612 code contributors
- ~21k commits into servo/servo
- ~4% of contributors, ~25% of commits from @mozilla.com
- Put robots to work
- Rent others' expertise
- Value volunteers
- Leverage free stuff
- Homu (Bors)
- Artifact storage as Someone Else's Problem
- Go to the conference party at the Silver Cloud!